Minecraft is one of the best multiplayer online games where you have to build and break several three-dimensional blocks to survive, build, explore and have fun. But sometimes errors and bugs occur on your PC. One such problem is Minecraft error code deep ocean. The full error will be depicted as Error code: 0x80070057 code: Deep Ocean. Something went wrong in the login process. This is Minecraft deep ocean error code. If you are also facing this deep ocean error code Minecraft on your PC, this guide will help you fix the same with a set of effective troubleshooting methods.
How to Fix Minecraft Error Code Deep Ocean
The most common reason for deep ocean error code Minecraft is the presence of bugs when to you try to connect to the Minecraft server. This is an annoying issue for several Windows 10 users. Here are some reasons that cause Error code: 0x80070057.
- The server is down for maintenance, or it is inactive due to any issues.
- Windows Defender Firewall or antivirus is blocking the URL or program.
- Outdated or faulty graphics drivers.
- Corrupt cache files in the host file.
- Browser conflicts and server maintenance activity.
- Outdated operating system.
- The Minecraft launcher has any glitches within it.
Here are some effective workarounds that will help you fix deep ocean error code Minecraft. The methods are arranged from basic to advanced levels so that you attain fix very fast. So, what are you waiting for? Continue reading the article.
Method 1: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
Here are some basic troubleshooting methods that will help you attain a fix for 0x80070057 code: Deep Ocean within simple hacks.
1A. Restart PC
Firstly, try restarting the PC. This will resolve all the temporary glitches associated with your computer.
1B. Use Same Account in Xbox app and Microsoft Store app
Ensure you log in with the same account in Xbox and Microsoft Store app. If you use two different accounts, this will cause Minecraft deep ocean error.
1C. Close Background Applications
If your PC has any background applications that use cheats, special mobs, or something similar, these may interfere with Minecraft games. Close all other background applications running on your PC. You can also uninstall them if necessary. Sign in again and check if you have fixed the error code deep ocean.
1D. Use Official Launcher
In case, if you are using a third-party launcher to open Minecraft, it may cause Error code: 0x80070057 code: Deep Ocean. Something went wrong in the login process. Always use the official launcher to log in to Minecraft. Also, make sure you use the updated version of Minecraft to avoid any login errors.
1E. Switch to Another Browser
If you face a Minecraft error in any browser, try using a different browser. Open a new tab in some other browser and navigate to Minecraft.net. Login using your credentials. If you did not face any errors in a new browser, clear your browsing history, and cache in your primary browser.
1F. Monitor Server Status
Although Minecraft does not have any official status page, you can check its status on the Twitter support account. If there is any problem associated with logging in, you can find the same on this page. Also, if there are any server maintenance activities, you may face a Minecraft error code deep ocean.
1. Visit the Mojang Status page on Twitter.
2. Check if there are any issues associated with Minecraft.
3. Also, check Reddit and Minecraft.net and look whether all other users have reported about the problem.
4. If you find any server or maintenance activities, you have no other options than to wait.
Also Read: Fix Minecraft Server Can’t Keep Up
1G. Restart Minecraft Launcher
As a basic troubleshooting method, try restarting Minecraft launcher. That is log out of your Minecraft account and then login again after a while. This workaround is pretty simple and here are a few steps to restart the launcher.
1. Firstly, click on LOG OUT in your Minecraft account as depicted.
2. Now, right-click on the empty space in Taskbar.
3. In the Processes tab of the Task Manager window, search and select the Minecraft tasks that are running in the background.
5. Then, click on End task at the top right corner of the window.
6. Next, reboot the PC.
7. LOG IN again with your credentials.
Now check if you have fixed Minecraft login failed error.
Method 2: Launch Minecraft Launcher as Administrator
Sometimes, you might administrative privileges to access a few services in the Minecraft launcher. You may face Minecraft error code deep ocean if you have not been granted administrative rights. Follow the below-mentioned steps to launch Minecraft as an administrator.
1. Right-click on the Minecraft shortcut on the desktop or navigate to the installation directory and right-click on it.
2. Now, click on Properties.
3. In the Properties window, switch to the Compatibility tab and check the box Run this program as an administrator.
4. Finally, click on Apply > OK to save the changes.
Also Read: Fix Minecraft Black Screen in Windows 10
Method 3: Remove Minecraft Entries from Hosts File
If the hosts file has edited entries of Minecraft.net or Mojang domain, you will face deep ocean error code Minecraft. Hence, you have to remove the entries to resolve the same. Here are a few instructions to remove Minecraft entries.
1. Press the Windows + E keys together to open File Explorer.
2. Now, switch to the View tab and check the Hidden items box in the Show/hide section.
3. Now, copy and paste the following path in the navigation path of the File Explorer.
4. Now, select and right-click on the hosts file and select the Open with option as shown.
5. Now, select the Notepad option from the list and then click on Ok.
6. Now, click on Ctrl + F keys to open Find window. Here, type Minecraft in the Find what tab and click on Find Next as shown.
7. If you did not get any search results, it means you do not have any corrupt Minecraft files on your PC. If you find the Minecraft section, right-click on it and delete them.
8. Now, save the file by clicking on Ctrl+ S keys together.
9. Exit Notepad and check if you have fixed check if you have fixed Minecraft deep ocean error.
Method 4: Ensure if Gaming Services are Running
To fix Minecraft error code deep ocean, check if the essential gaming services like Windows Update, IP Helper, Xbox Live Auth Manager, Xbox Live Game Save, Xbox Live Networking Service, Gaming services, and Microsoft install service are running. Here is how to do it.
1. Hit the Windows key and type Services.
2. Click on Run as administrator and open the Services window.
3. Now, in the Services window, scroll down and search for Windows Update Services and click on it.
4. Now, click on Properties.
Note: You can also double-click on Windows Update Services to open the Properties window.
5. Now, set the Startup type to Automatic, as shown below.
6. Now, click on Apply > OK to save the changes.
7. Repeat the same steps for the following services and check if you have fixed the issue.
- IP Helper,
- Xbox Live Auth Manager,
- Xbox Live Game Save,
- Xbox Live Networking Service,
- Gaming services,
- Microsoft install service.
Also Read: 6 Ways to Fix Minecraft Error Unable to Save Download
Method 5: Clear Microsoft Store Cache
To fix Minecraft error code deep ocean, you can try resetting and clearing the Microsoft Store cache. There is a simple way to do this task and it is demonstrated below.
1. Type Powershell in the search bar and click on Run as Administrator as shown.
2. Then, type the following command and hit Enter key.
Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”
Wait for the command to be executed and check if you have fixed the issue.
Method 6: Repair or Reset Minecraft Launcher
If you have not attained any fix by implementing the above-discussed methods, then repairing Minecraft Launcher might help you. It is very easy to repair and reset the tool. Make a note that, resetting Minecraft Launcher will delete all the app-related data and all settings. Follow the below-mentioned steps to repair and reset Minecraft Launcher.
1. Hit the Windows key and type Minecraft Launcher.
2. Now, select the App settings option as highlighted.
3. Firstly, scroll down the Settings screen and click on the Repair option as highlighted.
Note: Your app data will not be affected while repairing Minecraft Launcher.
4. Check if you have fixed the issue. If not, click on the Reset option as shown.
Note: Resetting Minecraft Launcher will delete the app data.
5. Finally, restart the PC and check if you have fixed Minecraft deep ocean error.
Also Read: What Does Error Code 1 Mean on Minecraft? How to Fix it
Method 7: Install Updates in Microsoft Store
Always ensure that all the apps and games in Microsoft Store are updated to their latest version. If there are any outdated apps, you may face Error code: 0x80070057 code: Deep Ocean. Something went wrong in the login process. Follow the steps to install updated in Microsoft Store.
1. Hit the Windows key and type Microsoft Store. Now, click on Open.
2. Then, click on the Library icon at the bottom left corner of the Microsoft Store window.
3. Then, click on the Get updates button as shown.
4. Then, click on the Update all button as highlighted.
5. Wait for the updates to be downloaded to your Windows 10 PC and make sure you get Your apps and games are up to date prompt.
Method 8: Update GPU Drivers
Any corrupt graphics drivers may lead to Minecraft deep ocean error in your Windows 10 PC. Also, other old or incompatible drivers prevent Minecraft connectivity. You are advised to update the graphics card driver as instructed in our guide 4 Ways to Update Graphics Drivers in Windows 10.
Also Read: Fix Unable to Locate Sign in Hypixel Minecraft Server and Maps
Method 9: Update Windows
Apart from updating apps and games, you must also ensure whether your Windows 10 PC is updated to its latest version. Follow the instructions listed in our guide How to Download and Install Windows 10 Latest Update.
Method 10: Reinstall Gaming Services
If repairing and resetting the tool does not work, then, you have no other chance except to reinstall the gaming services associated with the app. There is a simple way to reinstall gaming services using PowerShell as instructed below.
1. Hit the Windows key and type Windows PowerShell, and click on Run as Administrator.
2. Then, paste the following command and hit Enter key. Wait for the command to be executed.
Get-AppxPackage *gamingservices* -allusers | remove-appxpackage -allusers start ms-windows-store://pdp/?productid=9MWPM2CQNLHN
3. Now, you have to reboot the PC to make the changes effective. You would have fixed the issue now.
Also Read: Fix Exit Code 0 Minecraft on Windows 10
Method 11: Reinstall Minecraft
If none of the methods have helped you, then as a last chance, uninstall the software, reboot your PC and then reinstall it later. Here are a few steps regarding the same.
1. Press the Windows + I keys together to open Windows Settings.
2. Now, click on Apps setting.
3. Now, search and click on Minecraft Launcher and select Uninstall option.
4. Now, confirm the prompt if any, and reboot your PC once you have uninstalled Minecraft.
5. Visit the Minecraft Launcher official site and click on the DOWNLOAD FOR WINDOWS 10/11 button as depicted.
6. Now, navigate to My downloads and run the MinecraftInstaller setup file.
7. Click on Next in the Microsoft Launcher Setup window.
8. Then, click on the Next button after choosing the Destination Folder.
9. Finally, click on Install.
You can also raise a ticket to reach out to Minecraft support.
We hope that this guide was helpful, and you could fix Minecraft error code deep ocean in your device. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Let us know which topic you want us to explore next.