Are you also facing the Valorant Update Stuck at 45% issue? Many players have reported that they are facing issues when they are trying to update the game to the newly available update. When updating the game, it gets stuck at 45%, due to which the update is not being installed on their system.
Valorant is a very famous game, and the players love to compete against online players. In this game, the players are given weapons through which they have to kill their enemies. The team with more points wins the game and the matches. Due to the Valorant Update Stuck at 45% issue, the players cannot play the game, and now they are looking for troubleshooting methods to fix valorant download stuck at 0.1 KB.
We are here with a guide to help the users out of this situation. In this guide, we will list the reasons through which you are facing the issue as well as the troubleshooting methods through which you will be able to resolve the issue. Keep on scrolling till the end to know more about it.
Why is Valorant Update Stuck at 45%?
The players are not able to figure out why their Valorant Update Stuck at 45% whenever they try to download it. So there are multiple reasons available for this cause of the issue. We have listed them below, so check them to understand the Stuck issue of Valorant.
- You are not using a high-speed internet connection to download the update.
- The system on which you are trying to download the update is outdated.
- Antivirus or Windows Defender Firewall might have blocked the responses of the Valorant server.
- There are some issues with the startup files of your PC.
Fix Valorant Update Stuck at 45%
We know that you are eagerly waiting for the troubleshooting methods through which you can try resolving the issue. In this guide, we have listed the reasons for the issue, so that, the players might be able to understand the cause of the issue and will be able to fix it easily.
We hope that you might have analyzed the cause of the issue. So, now it’s time to check how can we fix it. We have listed the different troubleshooting methods below. Make sure to check them properly if you want to resolve the issue.
Method 1: Restart Your Device
Before starting with the troubleshooting methods to fix the Valorant Update Stuck at 45% issue, we suggest you try restarting your device. We are suggesting you restart the device because by restarting the device, the startup files will be again loaded into the computer. And there are chances that, if some files were not loaded in the previous boot properly, then it will start working properly.
So restart your device by following the steps which are listed below.
- Open Start Menu by pressing Windows Key.
- You will see the power button there. Click on it.
- Once you click on the button, then you will be able to see the option to Restart.
- Click on Restart Button and wait for your computer to get restarted.
- That’s it, you are done. Check whether the issue has been resolved or not. If not, then follow the below-listed fixes.
Method 2: Disable Windows Firewall
Windows Firewall might be one of the reasons why the update is stuck at 45%. If you don’t know, Windows Firewall checks for the responses received from the company’s server. If it has found any suspicious activity from the response, then it will block the app from receiving further responses through which the update might get stuck at 45%.
But don’t worry, there is a way to fix this. You will need to follow the steps given below to Disable Windows Firewall and check whether the issue has been resolved. Below we have listed the steps, so make sure to check them.
- Open the Start Menu by pressing the Windows Key.
- Type “Windows Defender Firewall” in the Search Bar.
- Click on the most relevant search result.
- Now, on the left side of the screen, you will see the option of “Turn Windows Firewall on or off. “ Click on it.
- Once the other screen is loaded, then you will see the option of “Turn Off Windows Firewall.” Turn it off for both private and public networks.
- After it, click on Save and check whether the Riot Client app is working fine or not.
Method 3: Disable Antivirus on Your PC
Many players have tried disabling the Antivirus and then downloading the update and they were able to resolve the issue. Antivirus is an application software that keeps on scanning for suspicious activity in the PC.
If there are any responses from the server that the antivirus might have found suspicious, then it’s likely that they will block it. And you will start seeing the Stuck issue during the update.
To get out of this situation, we will suggest that you should disable the antivirus when you are going to download the update. Once you have downloaded the update, then again enable the Antivirus for the whole system.
You can easily disable the antivirus by going to its main settings. There you will be able to find the option to disable antivirus. Make sure to do this and check whether the issue of the Valorant Update Stuck at 45% is fixed or not.
Method 4: Check For Windows Update
To download the latest update of any game or Valorant, it is required that your PC is running on the latest windows version. If you are using outdated windows, then it’s likely that you will face this kind of issue.
We will suggest that players check for the latest Windows update on their PC before trying to download the Valorant update. You can easily do this by following the steps which are given below.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Windows Update on the left side of the screen.
- Now, click on check for updates.
- If there is any update available, then download it.
Method 5: Delete VGK and VGC in CMD
Another way of resolving the issue is by deleting the VGK and VGC through the Command Prompt. To do this, you will have to follow some steps, which are listed below.
- Open the Start Menu.
- Type “CMD” in the Search Bar.
- Now, right-click on the most relevant result.
- Click on “Run as Administrator.”
- Command Prompt will be opened on your system.
- Now, enter the command that is listed below.
- Type the following command in the Command Prompt: “sc delete vgk” and after typing, press enter.
- Again, type the following command in the Command Prompt: “sc delete vgc” and after typing, press enter.
- Once you are done with both commands, then restart the PC.
- Now, you will need to open the folder of Riot Vanguard. To open it, navigate to the following folders: C: Drive => Program Files => Riot Vanguard and delete it.
- Once you have deleted the Vanguard folder, then launch Valorant and update it. Now, the Valorant Update Stuck at 45% issue will be resolved.
Method 6: Check the Internet Connection
The update will be stuck at 45% if you are not connected with a high-speed internet connection. We suggest that if you are facing the issue, you should run the internet speed tester to check the network speed to which you are connected.
Many players have also reported the same. They reported that the issue was being caused due to the router that they were using, but they kept trying fixes on the game due to which the issue was not resolved, and their time was wasted.
So, run the internet speed tester on your PC and check whether the network speed is high or not. If it is not sufficient to run the game or download any updates, then you will need to troubleshoot your router or might switch to a different network.
Valorant is a very popular online multiplayer game, and we are aware of the players’ craze for this game. But, due to the Valorant Update Stuck at 45% issue, the players cannot enjoy the game’s latest features. Due to this, they are very much frustrated. But don’t worry; we’re here to help you.
In this guide, we have come up with methods that you can try to resolve the issue of being stuck at 45% and will be able to download again and update the latest version of the Valorant. We have also listed the reasons for the cause of the issue so that you can also analyze the cause of the issue on your PC. To resolve the problem, the players will have to follow the steps as it is written above in the guide.