The Cash App is a speedy and convenient way to pay for your online purchases and send and withdraw funds. However, the method of adding a debit card to the app commonly raises questions. Indeed, the steps aren’t apparent, so we’re here to help you.
In this guide, we’ll share instructions on adding a debit card in the Cash App on Android and iPhone devices. Additionally, we’ll explain whether you can add two debit cards at a time and why you may not be able to link a card. Read on to make online payments simple.
How to Add a Debit Card in the Cash App on an iPhone
Adding a debit or credit card in the Cash App mobile version is very straightforward. Follow the instructions below:
- Launch the Cash App on your phone.
- Tap the Profile Icon in the upper right corner of the app.
- Scroll down the page and tap on Linked Banks.
- Add your debit card information and select Link Card.
Now, you can send and receive money through Cash App using the new debit card.
How to Add a Debit Card in the Cash App on an Android Device
The Cash App mobile version is the same no matter your device’s operating system. So, adding a debit card on an Android device involves the same steps as doing it on an iPhone. Follow the instructions below:
- Launch the Cash App on your phone.
- Tap on your Profile icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Tap Linked Banks.
- Tap Link Debit Card.
- Input your card information with the credit card number, CVV, zip code, and expiration date.
- Click Link Card.
Can you Add a Debit Card in the Cash App From a PC
When you initially sign into Cash App on a PC or Mac, the site will ask you to add a bank card if you haven’t already. If you see that option, go ahead and add your debit card to your Cash App account. However, if you don’t see the pop-up window, you can still add your bank card.
Follow these steps:
- Navigate to the Cash App website and log into your account.
Note: You will need your phone to receive verification codes.
- Click Settings in the menu to the left.
- Scroll down the right side of the page and click Add Bank.
- Input your debit card information and click Save Card.
Confirm you’d like to add your debit card to Cash App, and you’re done!
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the answers to more questions we’ve been asked about adding debit cards to Cash App.
Can you have two debit cards on the Cash App?
No, the Cash App doesn’t allow you to register more than one card and one bank account at a time. But you can change an expired or otherwise non-working bank card by following the instructions below:
1. Launch the Cash App on your mobile device.
2. From the main menu, tap the bank icon located at the bottom left of your screen.
3. Tap “Linked Accounts.” You’ll see your linked credit card and bank account. To unlink a debit card, find it under the “Bank Accounts” section.
4. After opening the debit card details, tap the three-dot icon in the corner.
5. Tap “Replace Debit Card.” Optionally, tap “Remove Debit Card” to delete its details.
6. Enter the new card details. When done, tap “Add Card” at the bottom of your screen. Your card is now added to your wallet.
Why can’t I add a debit card to the Cash App?
A debit card not linking to the Cash App is a common issue. This happens due to your card not being supported by the app. Currently, the Cash app supports only Visa, America Express, Discover, and MasterCard cards. Trying to register some business debit cards and prepaid cards will result in an “Error” message on your screen.
If you don’t see the “Error” message, you may have to link your bank account first. Follow the instructions provided below to link a bank account to your Cash App:
1. Log in to your Cash App account from the mobile app.
2. On the main screen, tap the bank icon located at the bottom left of your screen.
3. Tap “Add a Bank.”
4. You’ll be asked to enter your bank details. Do so and tap “Add Bank.”
5. On the next screen, tap “Add Credit Card.”
6. Enter your card details and tap “Add Card.” Your card should now be linked to your Cash App account.
If your bank account already was linked, but you can’t add a card, you may already have a card registered. The Cash App currently supports only one card at a time.
How long does debit card verification take on Cash App?
When you add a new debit card to Cash App, the company has to reach out to the financial institution to ensure the card is legitimate and ready for use. However, this process can vary in time to completion. Many users see the process take as little as fifteen minutes, while others can see wait times of up to three days.
If you’re waiting for the verification process to complete so you can use your new debit card on Cash App, you can contact the company’s customer support for more assistance.
Hopefully, our guide has helped you to add a debit card to your Cash App account. While it may be a problem that you can’t add a second card to the app, this does speed up logging in and paying processes. Users would be wise to watch out for updates as developers may add more supported card types soon.
Why do you find Cash App convenient? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.