Best Buy, a worldwide firm with headquarters in Richfield, Minnesota and operating in the United States, Canada, and other countries, own Geek Squad Inc. Robert Stephens, a.k.a. Chief Inspector, established the subsidiary as a standalone business on June 16, 1994. It provides home and business customers with various computer-related services and accessories. They combined with Best Buy in 2002, keeping Stephens in charge of the subsidiary’s main business operations. The Geek Squad offers services in-store, on-site, via remote access on the Internet, over the phone, and through the provision of on-site emergency help around the clock. The scope of Geek Squad’s activity has expanded beyond computers and related hardware. It has recently expanded to include diagnosing and fixing all appliances and consumer devices. If you are someone looking for tips about the same, we bring you a helpful guide that will teach you how to cancel Geek Squad membership and contact Geek Squad.
How to Cancel Geek Squad Membership
Read this article till the end to learn the steps demonstrating how to cancel Geek Squad membership in a detailed manner using the pictures for better understanding.
Which is Better: Totaltech Support vs Geek Squad?
Both are best. The Geek Squad at Best Buy is widely renowned for assisting consumers in learning how to use their products. And last year, the company expanded that service to include any smart home equipment, regardless of whether it was bought outside of Best Buy. Totaltech, a brand-new membership program from Best Buy, was introduced by the company last year. Many of the capabilities included in Best Buy Totaltech Support, Best Buy Beta, and Geek Squad support are included, such as free shipping and basic installation services. Both are the same price ($199.99 per year) and offer protection options for your smart gadgets. One distinction between these two services is how they truly assist you in resolving your difficulties.
Also Read: Brave vs Chrome: Which is Better Browser?
What is Geek Squad Membership?
A company location’s onsite service visit costs $300 from the IT service provider. You might be able to purchase certain Geek Squad services from the homeowner menu or bring your device into the store if it’s a one-time requirement. Depending on the plan you select, monthly plans have a $99.99 setup cost and a $24.99 or $49.99 per user each month price. Because it’s a subscription, you must pay the charge even if you don’t utilize the service that month. However, if you frequently require IT help or have a significant issue, you may be able to save money by doing so. The cost of in-store services from Geek Squad varies depending on the kind of gadget, how it’s doing, and what service is being provided.
What are the Benefits of Being a Geek Squad Member?
These are some of the benefits of being a Geek Squad member:
- Geek Squad offers free tech help every day of the year
- VIP access to specialized chat and phone teams
- Exposure to exclusive member rates
- Access to rare items during special events
- Simple Device Maintenance and Assistance
- Troubleshooting a home network
- Configuring and repairing tablets (Remote and In-Store)
- Repairing a printer
- Backup or Transfer of Data (Remote and In-Store)
- Problem-solving via email
- Program for diagnostics
- Setup of the operating system
What is Best Buy Geek Squad Appointment?
Best Buy Geek Squad appointment offers a highly qualified Best Buy Home Expert who is available to meet with you in person at your house or at a store, and solve your issues over the phone, via chat, or through a virtual appointment. Schedule a service and time to have your gadget repaired, installed, troubleshot, or picked up.
Also Read: Can Geek Squad Repair Your PS4?
What is Geek Squad Membership Email?
Due to recent scams and frauds in relation to Geek Squad, the company does not provide membership details. All the contact details including email will be provided when you take their membership.
Is It Worth Getting the Geek Squad Protection Plan?
Yes, Geek Squad Protection is worthwhile as it allows you to extend the product warranty and safeguard them. The business will quickly resolve any issues if they arise. You may choose the Geek Squad Protection package that best suits your needs from various available options.
- Protects the Cost of Replacement and Repair: Your devices will be protected from the high expense of maintenance or replacement, depending on the plan you choose. The plan will cover these expenses, which will also ensure that your gadget starts operating quickly.
- Excellent Option for Expensive Items: Geek Squad Protection will be particularly useful to anyone who owns pricey electronic equipment. These encompass a wide range of products, including smartphones, 4K computer displays, and more. If anything breaks without a problem, the plans will let you replace it.
- Various Plan Options: With Geek Squad Protection, you have a variety of options to choose from. Each plan will cover various topics and provide a special benefit to the consumer. You may choose a plan based on the sort of coverage you need for your device and the type of device you own.
- Available for All Items Regardless of Where You Purchased Them: The plan will cover all the electronic products you choose to have covered, irrespective of the location in which you purchased them.
- Ideal for Extended Protection: Geek Squad Protection’s main goal is to function as an extended warranty. The firm will guarantee repair and replacement for as many years as you choose, but you will be responsible for paying for the plan.
- Covers a Variety of Damages: The fact that Geek Squad Protection covers numerous damages to your device is a crucial additional factor in determining its value.
Also Read: Is Kindle Unlimited Worth It and Should You Get It?
How Much does Geek Squad Membership Cost?
Now that you know how to cancel Geek Squad membership, let us know how much it costs. Depending on the plan you select, monthly plans have a $99.99 setup cost and a $24.99 or $49.99 per user each month price.
Geek Squad offers two monthly office packages: Both programs are available in monthly, six-month, or 12-month bundles, and setup fees total $99.99 for each. Users of Standard services will pay $24.99 per month, while those using Advanced services will pay $49.99 per month.
How Much is a Geek Squad Subscription?
Individual IT services from Geek Squad cost from $19.99 to $1,450.
Can I Cancel My Geek Squad Membership?
Yes, you can cancel your Geek Squad membership. By talking with an Agent, you may cancel your Geek Squad Protection Plan online. Additionally, you can cancel by calling 1-800-433-5778 or going to a Best Buy branch.
Can I Get My Money Back from Geek Squad?
Yes, you can get your money back from Geek Squad. The small print of your protection plan contract plainly indicates that you can terminate the service at any time, for any reason, and will be given a prorated refund, despite the fact that Geek Squad or Best Buy does not make this information readily available. Keep reading to learn how to contact Geek Squad.
What is the Process for Geek Squad Membership Cancellation?
The process for Geek Squad membership cancellation is as follows:
1. Dial 800-433-5778 to reach customer support.
2. Request to chat with a representative.
3. Give them your customer details and account number.
4. Place the request to have your plan and monthly payments canceled.
5. A text message or email will confirm your cancellation.
How Do I Cancel My Geek Squad Membership? How to Cancel Geek Squad Membership?
Let’s see the ways to cancel your Geek Squad membership.
Option I: Cancellation Via Phone Call
1. Call on 1-800-433-5778 or 1-800-GEEK SQUAD.
2. Place the request to cancel your membership as directed by the audio prompts.
3A. You will be guided through the cancellation process by the automated system.
Note: If you call from the registered phone number and won’t be put through to a support service member.
3B. If not called from a registered phone number, inform the person on the other end of the conversation that you wish to discontinue your Geek Squad Plan.
Option II: In-Person Cancellation
1. Visit the customer care counter at the Best Buy location of your choice.
2. If there is a prorated refund due to you, ask the cashier to calculate it.
3. Verify that your plan has been canceled.
Option III: Mail-In Cancellation
You can cancel your Geek Squad Plan by writing or typing a brief letter that expresses your desire to do so.
1. Scan or copy your original papers.
2. To the address specified on the GSP Plan contract, send a letter, the original receipts, and the GSP Plan contract.
Note: At least until you receive proof that your plan has been canceled, save copies of the contract, receipts, and letter.
Also Read: How to Cancel Costco Membership
How Do I Get Rid of Geek Squad Support?
There is no particular way to get rid of Geek Squad support. You can try to contact them through customer support on the website or another way to cancel is to go to a Best Buy location or call 1-800-433-5778. This is how you can contact Geek Squad.
How Do I Cancel Geek Squad Monthly?
You can cancel your plan through an online chat with a representative or by call or mail as shown above. Or you can visit their website as given below.
How to execute the website cancellation is as follows:
1. Visit the Best Buy website on your browser.
2. From the top, click on Services.
3. Choose the drop-down menu item.
4. Click on Chat online.
5. Select the desired help option, enter your name and email address, and click on Start Chat.
6. At this point, when the Remote Support page opens, cancel your plan by following the onscreen directions displayed on the screen.
How Do I Contact Geek Squad?
Now that you know how to cancel Geek Squad membership, let us know how to contact Geek Squad. The best and safest way to get in touch with them is by visiting their official website and requesting to chat with a representative. Read and follow the steps mentioned above to contact Geek Squad.
So, we hope you have understood how to cancel Geek Squad membership and contact Geek Squad with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.