Beat Saber is one of the most popular virtual reality games on Meta Oculus Quest and Meta Oculus Quest 2. The gameplay requires players to crush song tiles as their favorite songs play in the background. The game is very popular among Meta Quest players and provides you with a unique and fun experience. You can add songs to your game playlist and enjoy them as you aim for the highest score. However, downloading custom songs on Beat Saber can be tricky, and new users often wonder how to install custom songs on Beat Saber. Well, you don’t have to look much further. In this guide, we will discuss the step-by-step process of figuring out how to get custom songs on Beat Saber without PC.
How to Get Custom Songs on Beat Saber Without PC
In this guide, we will explain the step-by-step process of downloading custom songs for the Beat Saber game. Carefully read and follow all these steps to figure out how to get custom songs on Beat Saber for Oculus Quest 2.
Step 1: Disable App Sharing
The first step when you attempt to get custom songs on Beat Saber without a PC is to disable app sharing. You can use these simple steps to disable app sharing. Also in this guide, read how do you get custom songs on Beat Saber without mods.
1. Press the universal menu button on the right touch controller.
2. Locate the clock icon on the left side of the universal menu, and open Quick Settings.
3. Here, select the gear icon to open Settings, and then select Accounts.
4. Now, locate and turn off the App sharing toggle.
Step 2: Download BMBF
The second step in getting custom songs for Beat Saber is to download BMBF. BMBF is a modding gateway for the Beat Saber game. This is one of the most important components of the Beat Saber experience and allows you to include mods in the game. You can download BMBF for Beat Saber by following these simple steps to help figure out how to get custom songs on Beat Saber without PC.
1. From the Oculus browser, go to BMBF.dev/stable.
2. From here, download the latest version of the application.
Also Read: Roblox Brookhaven Codes for Music
Step 3: Download Downgraded Beat Saber
If you have the latest version of Beat Saber installed on your Quest system, you won’t be able to mod Beat Saber and run custom music while playing the game. Therefore, you will have to install a downgraded version of the Beat Saber game to eventually figure out how to install custom songs on Beat Saber.
Note: Always use the same account to log in to Oculus as the account you used to buy Beat Saber. The Oculus servers will check the account to verify if you are using the same account to download the downgraded Beat Saber; if the accounts are different, you will receive an error. Continue reading to figure out how to get custom songs on Beat Saber for Oculus Quest 2.
1. In a new tab, open your Oculus account.
2. In a new tab, visit computerelite.github.io/tools/Oculus/AppVersions and click SEARCH.
3. Now, locate and select the Beat Saber full version.
4. Here, locate and select the latest moddable version, and then click Yes.
Step 4: Back Up Game Scores (If Applicable)
This is an optional step to figuring out how do you get custom songs on Beat Saber without mods, you can back up your past game scores to keep the data safe. This is a simple copy-and-paste method and can be performed by the following simple steps.
1. Open CX File Explorer from unknown sources.
2. Now, navigate to the following location path.
3. In the files folder, locate and copy the PlayerData.dat file.
4. Paste this file at a location of your choice.
Also Read: How to Play Gacha Club Online for Free
Step 5: Uninstall Current Beat Saber
Now, you are required to uninstall the current Beat Saber game from the system. It is an important step, as without uninstalling the current version of the game, you will not be able to install the downgraded moddable version of the application. Read the next steps to figure out how to get custom songs on Beat Saber without PC.
1. Locate Beat Saber in the Apps.
2. Select the three-dot icon.
3. Select Uninstall.
4. Finally, select Uninstall to confirm the action.
Step 6: Install Downgraded Beat Saber and BMBF
Now is the time to install the latest downloaded applications on your Quest. Follow these simple steps to install the downgraded Beat Saber and BMBF and to figure out how to install custom songs on Beat Saber.
1. Go to Downloads in CX File Explorer.
2. Here, locate the BMBF and Beat Saber .apk files.
3. Install both applications one by one by clicking the Install button.
Note: Make sure you have enabled CX File Explorer to install files downloaded from unknown sources.
Continue reading to learn more steps to complete this process and figure out how to get custom songs on Beat Saber for Oculus Quest 2.
Also Read: How to Play Swiftle
Step 7: Play Beat Saber in Solo Mode
Once the Beat Saber has been successfully installed in Quest, run it in solo mode and let the game fail. Continue reading to know the steps to figuring out how do you get custom songs on Beat Saber without mods.
1. Locate Beat Saber in the Apps.
2. Open Beat Saber and run the Solo game.
3. Let the level fail itself and close the game.
Note: If Quest asks you to update Beat Saber upon opening, do not comply because you will not be able to mod Beat Saber in the latest version.
Step 8: MOD Beat Saber with BMBF
Now that you have successfully installed Beat Saber on your system, it is time to start the MOD process. You can try the following steps to start the modding process and figure out how to get custom songs on Beat Saber without PC.
1. Open BMBF from unknown sources.
2. Follow the on-screen on BMBF to start the MOD process.
3. If you see the Package installer isn’t responding message, select Wait.
4. If you see an option that asks you to Restore App, never comply with this option and continue with the application.
Also Read: How to Change Batteries in Oculus Controller
Step 9: Download Custom Songs
Finally, when the modding process is finished, it is time to download custom songs for Beat Saber. You can download custom songs from the browser. Once the modding process is finished, you will be redirected to the playlist tab. In the Playlist tab, you will be able to organize your songs. You can use the following two methods to download custom songs.
Method 1: Download Custom Songs from BMBF
Follow these simple steps to download custom songs from the BMBF browser and figure out how to get custom songs on Beat Saber for Oculus Quest 2.
1. In the Playlist tab, click Sync to Beat Saber to install core mods.
2. Use a browser to find and download songs.
Note: Since there are a lot of songs to choose from, it is recommended that you use the find maps function to filter the song results according to your needs.
3. To download a song, click on the arrow-down button.
4. You can check the download queue and progress by clicking the cloud icon.
5. To resolve all the required issues with a song, open the BMBF browser and go to Get MODs.
6. Here, you will find all the available mods to download for the Beat Saber.
Note: Avoid installing all the mods at once, as not all the mods work well together and can cause Beat Saber to crash on Quest.
7. Finally, click Sync to Beat Saber.
Note: If Beat Saber starts crashing after downloading mods, open the BMBF application, and navigate to mods. Here, you can disable the problematic mods.
Method 2: Download Custom Songs from Beat Saber
You can also use the song downloader in the Beat Saber game to get songs without any mods.
1. Select Song Downloader in the Beat Saber app.
2. Now, on the left side, you will be able to locate search filters, and on the right side, you will see a search box and search results.
3. You can use the search box and filters to search for a song and add it to Beat Saber.
Step 10. Restore Backup (If Applicable)
If you previously created a backup for game scores in Step 4, you can now restore this backup to get your progress back.
1. Navigate to the location where you stored the backup.
2. Copy the backup file and paste it into the following location path.
3. Here, overwrite the existing backup file.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I play Beat Saber on Quest 2?
Ans. You can play the Beat Saber game on Meta Oculus Quest 2. You will need to install the game on your system to play it.
Q2. Can I add custom songs to Beat Saber?
Ans. Yes, you can add custom songs to Beat Saber by downloading songs from the BMBF browser.
Q3. Do I need mods to add custom songs to Beat Saber?
Ans. Using mods to install songs to the game is not allowed by gaming developers. However, bans due to mod use are rare.
Q4. What are the mods for Beat Saber?
Ans. Mods allow you to install various additional features for a game for free to enhance your gaming experience.
Q5. What songs can I play on Beat Saber?
Ans. You can play hundreds of songs on Beat Saber. You can use the filter options to locate your favorite songs to play in the game.
We hope this guide was helpful to you and you were able to figure out how to get custom songs on Beat Saber without PC. Let us know what song you want to download on Beat Saber. If you have any suggestions or queries for us, please let us know in the comment section.