Listening to music is a great way to refresh your mind. Though I do not listen to music often, I find some songs on YouTube videos and get addicted to these songs. And it had happened to me many times when I did not know which song was on YouTube videos. But I always found out which song it was. If you want to know how, then you are at the right place. In this article, we will tell you how to identify songs in YouTube videos. So if this is something which often troubles you, read till the end to know more about how to identify music in YouTube videos.
How to Identify Songs in YouTube Videos on web browser
I often find myself singing just two or three lines of a song I have heard on YouTube videos. This is not only irritating but also keeps me thinking about the same song over and over again. Luckily, there are various methods to find the exact song by just using the lyrics you remember.
Method 1: Through YouTube Video Description
If you are wondering how to identify songs in YouTube videos, this method is pretty handy and beginner-friendly. Many of my friends use it and have recommended to me as well. It helps you in saving time as you do not have to use third-party apps. So, if you are someone who loves efficiency, then read the steps mentioned below to learn how to perform this method.
1. Go to YouTube on your laptop.
2. Play the YouTube video whose song you wish to find.
3. Click on the Show more option at the bottom of the description.
4. Now, search for the Music description.
From here, simply click on the link and listen to the full song.
Also Read: How to Watch Blocked YouTube Videos
Method 2: Through Search Engine
So, this is the method that I use the most, and I recommend it since it is always easy to search on a web browser. But you can use it only if you remember the lyrics of a song. Follow the steps to perform this method on Google:
1. Open Chrome web browser on your laptop.
2. Type lyrics in the search bar and press the Enter key to find the actual song and more.
Some other lyrics search engines that you can use are:
- Find Music By Lyrics: It provides you with the name of the singer and lyrics.
- Lyrics.com: If you search lyrics on it, you can get the lyrics and the singer name. You can search here by artist name and by album.
- LyricsWorld: You can search on LyricsWorld by typing the name of the artist, song title, lyrics and many more.
Method 3: Through Comments on YouTube Videos
Another easy method that will help you find songs is by reading the comments. Many times viewers comment the name of the song in the comment section. Similarly, video creators often leave such specific detils in the comment section for interested viewers. So, if you are someone who finds reading comments interesting, then follow the steps below if you want to know how to identify music in YouTube videos.
1. First, go to YouTube and play the video.
2. Now, scroll down and find comments that have music descriptions in it.
Method 4: Through Add-ons
Do you want to know another method for how to identify music in YouTube videos? If yes then try this method. You can use add on to identify songs in YouTube videos. We have described two add on:
- AHA Music: It is one of the best add-ons that you can use to find lyrics. This add-on works or nearly all websites and simply detecting the audio.
- Shazam: It is also one of the add on that you can use. So, use this add-on the next time you hear music and do not know which song it is.
How to Identify Songs on YouTube Videos on Android
If the above methods have failed, you can use the song identification app. So if you want to know how to identify songs in YouTube Videos using the app, then we have provided the method for one app and mentioned the other apps you can use. We have told the steps for Shazam: Music Discovery app. To know how to use it, follow the steps below:
1. Launch Google Playstore on your smartphone.
2. Search Shazam in the search bar and tap on Install.
3. Next, tap on Shazam app icon to launch the app.
4. After that, use the search icon to type the lyrics or tap to Shazam.
5. Now, tap on the song under Top Results.
6. Tap on LYRICS at the top right corner.
Other apps that you can use to find song from YouTube video are listed below:
- Musixmatch: It has more than 50 million users. You can search for the song by typing the lyrics.
- Music Recognition: It is a user-friendly app that you can use to search for songs by typing lyrics.
Also Read: How to download YouTube videos on Laptop/PC
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I find a song on YouTube without the name?
Ans. If you know the lyrics of the song, then you can perform any of the methods mentioned in the above article.
Q2. Is there a free app to identify songs?
Ans. Yes, there are free apps to identify songs and one such app is Shazam.
Q3. Can Google Chrome identify songs?
Ans. Yes, Google Chrome can identify songs.
We hope this article was helpful, and now you know how to identify songs in YouTube videos. If you still have questions, feel free to ask them in the comment section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn next.