PayPal is an international digital payment system operated by an American company named PayPal Holdings, Inc. Using PayPal, you can send or receive money locally as well as internationally. To make transactions, you need to first create a PayPal account. After the successful creation of your PayPal account, you can add your bank accounts and credit and debit cards to your PayPal account. You can also link or unlink your bank accounts, debit, and credit cards pretty easily. And if you don’t use your PayPal account, you can also delete it permanently. If you want to remove a card from PayPal but don’t know how to do it, this article will help you with that. It will guide you in steps on how to unlink a card from PayPal and will also help you know how you can remove card from another PayPal account online.
How to Remove Card from PayPal
PayPal services can be availed via PayPal’s website and PayPal’s mobile app, which are completely free to download and use. PayPal accounts are completely manageable, which means you can change or update your personal information like your phone number, username, email address, and password. Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to remove card from PayPal in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Can I Remove Card from PayPal?
Yes, you can remove card from PayPal. You can delete credit card from PayPal as well as your debit card. The removal of cards from PayPal can be removed by logging into your PayPal account from the web or the PayPal mobile app. If any transactions are pending on your debit or credit card, you cannot unlink a card from PayPal. The only thing is to cancel the transaction or transfer it to your bank account or another card linked to your PayPal account. Now you know that you can delete card from PayPal, and the steps to delete a card from PayPal are given in the heading below.
What Happens If I Remove My Card from PayPal?
When you remove your card from PayPal, you will no longer be able to use it on your PayPal account until the card is unlinked. If you add that card again, you can make use of that card again to send or receive money. The removal of the card doesn’t take much time and happens immediately. A card can only be removed when there are no pending transactions left or no auto-pay subscriptions are enabled. Once the card is removed from your PayPal account, all the transactions made in the future won’t show up on the PayPal transaction history because the card is no longer linked to PayPal. It is what happens if you delete card from another PayPal account or any PayPal account.
Also Read: How to Check PayPal Login Activity
Why Can’t I Remove Credit Card from PayPal?
Here are some reasons why you are not able to remove credit card from PayPal:
- The credit card you are trying to delete is the only payment method available on your PayPal account. Add another payment method to your account to remove the credit card.
- There might occur some server or connectivity issues on your device.
- Due to the bug in the PayPal app.
- The credit card has pending transactions.
- Your credit card has been set up for auto-pay for either PayPal or some other subscription.
These were the reasons why you won’t be able to delete credit card from PayPal.
It takes only a second to unlink a card from PayPal. But if the Internet speed on your device is slow, it might take some time to unlink it. Linked cards and bank accounts can be unlinked in just a second by tapping on the Remove Card option under your card. If the card has some pending transactions or is linked to any subscriptions, you won’t be able to unlink a card from PayPal. However, make sure that you clear all your transactions and cancel the subscription or transfer it to another card before removing a card from PayPal.
How to Remove Card from PayPal?
You can remove card from PayPal account with the help of the following steps:
1. Open the PayPal Sign in page in your desktop browser and Log In to your PayPal account with your Email and Password.
2. Then, click on Manage from the top.
3. Click on the desired card you want to remove.
4. Scroll down and click on Remove card.
5. Click on Remove This Card to get rid of the card from your PayPal account immediately.
Also Read: How to Remove Card from Netflix
How to Remove a Card from PayPal without Login?
To remove a card from PayPal without login to your PayPal account, follow these steps:
Note: PayPal customer service is available from 5:00 AM PT to 8:00 PM PT Monday through Friday and from 6:00 AM PT to 6:00 PM PT Saturday and Sunday.
1. Dial 1-844-373-4961 from your phone or landline to connect with PayPal customer service.
2. Place the card removal request from your PayPal account.
3. Answer all the questions asked by the executive related to your PayPal account.
3. Once the executive verifies your account, the executive will proceed with the request.
This is how to delete a card from PayPal without login into your PayPal account.
How to Remove Card from Another PayPal Account?
To know how to delete card from another PayPal account, follow the below-mentioned steps:
1. Visit the PayPal website on your browser.
2. Click on Login from the top and Log In to your other PayPal account with the proper credentials.
3. Then, click on Manage > desired card.
4. Then, click on Remove card > Remove This Card.
How to Remove Credit Card from PayPal Limited Account?
You can read and follow the steps mentioned above to get rid of any debit or credit card from your PayPal Limited account.
We hope that you learned about how to remove card from PayPal. Feel free to reach out to us with your queries and suggestions via the comments section below. Also, let us know what you want to learn about next.