Are you tired of using the same old phone number on WhatsApp? Perhaps you want to separate your personal and professional contacts, or maybe you want to have a little bit of fun with a new number. Whatever the reason, it’s easy to use a different number on WhatsApp. In this article, we will show you how to switch to a new number on WhatsApp and keep all of your conversations and contacts intact, how to use two different WhatsApp accounts on the same phone with two different number. With just a few simple steps, you’ll be ready to chat with your friends and family from a new number in no time.
How to Use Different Phone Number on WhatsApp
Keep reading further to find the steps explaining how to use different number on WhatsApp in detail with useful illustrations for better understanding.
Note: Since smartphones do not have the same Settings options, they vary from manufacturer to manufacturer. Hence, ensure the correct settings before changing any on your device.
Can I Use a Different Phone Number for WhatsApp?
Yes and no. Currently, WhatsApp does not provide using WhatsApp with two different numbers unless your phone supports dual apps or clone apps feature.
Also, during registration, you can give any number you would like to register on WhatsApp with; after that, you can change the number from the settings of WhatsApp. Keep reading further to find the steps that will guide you to changing your WhatsApp number.
Can You Have a Different WhatsApp Number to Your Phone Number?
Yes, WhatsApp allows its users to change their phone no. whenever they feel the need to do it. Currently, WhatsApp doesn’t allow its user to use two WhatsApp with the same number. Continue reading to know how to use different number on WhatsApp.
How to Use a Different Number on WhatsApp? How to Use Different Number on WhatsApp?
Presently, you cannot use different number on one phone for WhatsApp. You can only change your registered WhatsApp number through the settings, as mentioned below.
2. Tap on the three-dotted icon > Settings from the top right corner.
3. Then, tap on Account.
4. Tap on Change number > Next.
5. Enter your old phone number in the first field and your new phone number in the second field with the country code for each.
6. Then, tap on NEXT.
7. Turn on the toggle for the Notify contacts option to choose if you want to notify:
- All contacts
- Contacts I have chats with
Note: If you select Custom…, you’ll need to search for or select the desired contacts you want to notify and tap on the check mark icon. Your group chats will be notified when you change your phone number regardless of whether you choose to notify your contacts.
8. Tap on DONE.
9. Then, verify your new phone number by entering the 6-digit code you receive on it.
Now you have successfully changed WhatsApp to a new number.
Also Read: How to Activate WhatsApp with Old Number
How Can I Use 2 Different Numbers on WhatsApp?
You cannot use two different no. on WhatsApp without cloning the WhatsApp messenger app. WhatsApp doesn’t allow its users to use 2 different phone number on WhatsApp simultaneously. You can only change your registered mobile number on WhatsApp through the settings. If you want to clone the WhatsApp messenger app to use a second phone number on the same phone, you can follow the steps below:
- Samsung: Dual Messenger
- OnePlus: Parallel Apps
- Xiaomi: Dual Apps
- Oppo: Clone Apps
- Vivo: App Clone
- Asus: Twin Apps
Here are the steps that will guide you to register yourself in the clone WhatsApp application.
Note: Here we are using the Xiaomi Phone for demo purposes.
1. Open the Settings app on your phone.
2. Tap on the Apps option from the settings options list.
3. Then, tap on Dual apps.
4. Then, turn on the toggle for the WhatsApp option from the menu list.
5. Tap on Turn on from the popup to grant permission to create a dual app for Google services.
6. Now, navigate to your phone app drawer and tap on the WhatsApp Dual app icon.
7. Now, tap on the desired language > AGREE AND CONTINUE option.
8. Enter your other phone number and tap on NEXT.
9. Follow the onscreen instructions to verify the new phone number and set up the account with username and profile picture.
Also Read: Does WhatsApp Give You Phone Number?
How to Use Another WhatsApp Account in My Phone? How to Use Another WhatsApp Account in Phone?
WhatsApp does not provide any official method to use another WhatsApp account on your phone through the same app. But you can only change your registered number on WhatsApp that you gave during registering on WhatsApp for the first time. However, you can use the clone/dual app feature of your phone to achieve the same functionality as mentioned in the question. You can read and follow the steps mentioned above to achieve the same.
How to Use WhatsApp for Two Numbers in Dual-SIM Android Phone?
You cannot use two numbers or two different WhatsApp in the same phone until and unless you use a clone app or dual apps feature on your phone, which is being provided inbuilt by companies nowadays. You can follow the upcoming steps to create a dual app on your phone through the settings of your phone.
Note: Here we are using the Xiaomi Phone for demo purposes.
1. Launch the Settings app on your phone.
2. Then, tap on the Apps > Dual apps option.
3. Toggle on the WhatsApp option and tap on Turn on from the popup to create a Dual app for WhatsApp.
4. Tap on the WhatsApp Dual app icon from your phone app drawer.
5. Tap on the desired language > AGREE AND CONTINUE option.
6. Then, enter your second phone number and tap on NEXT.
7. Follow the onscreen instructions to verify the second phone number and set up the account with username and profile picture.
How to Use WhatsApp Number Different from Phone Number?
You can easily change your registered WhatsApp number through the steps mentioned above in the article. Also, you can clone WhatsApp on your phone through the steps mentioned above in the article.
So, we hope you have understood how to use different number on WhatsApp with the detailed steps to your aid. You can let us know any queries or suggestions about any other topic you want us to make an article on. Drop them in the comments section below for us to know.