You can create your Boot USB or DVD for Mac OS X 10.7 in the case of Lion. Mac OS X 10.7 Lion is currently only available for download from the Mac App Store.
You can create a bootable Mac OS X 10.7 Lion USB flash drive and successfully install them if you have moderate knowledge of your Mac. This will help you recover and reinstall your operating system in the event of a system crash or any other impact.
- Mac OS X 10.7 Lion has been downloaded from the Mac App Store
- 4 GB or larger USB Flash Drive
Learn the following steps and install Mac OS X 10.7 Lion successfully.
- Locate the Lion Install ESD.dmg file – After the lion operating system is downloaded, locate the cursor in the Applications folder and discover Install Mac OS Lion. app.
Right-click on the file and select “Show Package Contents,” which directs you to the “Common Support” Library.
This directory contains the Installed ESD.dmg file. Copy this file to your Mac book desktop.
If you can’t find this file, you’ll need to download it again. To do this, go to the Mac App Store, where you can find an options button, click and hold it, and select the button you bought all at once.
At this point, you can enable the Install option (not installed). Click the option to re-download the file and save your copy of the installer.
- Connect the USB flash drive to your Mac book – Select the only USB connected in the Disk Utility and click the partition tab.
Now select 1Partition the drop-down menu below the partition layout, assign an appropriate name to the USB option, and choose the option of Mac OS extended the Format option.
Click the Options button and select the GUID partition table. Click OK and tap Apply to start formatting.
- Restore the Lion 10.7 image to the USB Flash Drive – Double-click the Install ESD.dmg file that you copied to your MacBook desktop and go to the Restore tab after selecting the connected USB flash drive from the Disk Utility option.
Copy-paste or drag The Mac OS X installed the EXD software under the InsallEMD.dmg option in the Source field (replace the DVD in the image with EXD).
Copy or paste the USB flash drive into the Destination area. Mac Lion OS X 10.7 will revert to the USB flash drive if all goes well.
You are now ready to install Mac OS X 10.7 Lion from your USB flash drive to a new MacBook