There are two ways to find out if someone has deleted you on Snapchat. I’ll go over both of them below.
Table of Contents
One way to tell if someone hasn’t followed you is to keep tabs on your follower’s list and see if anyone’s missing.
For example, suppose you know that a person has followed you at some point. If you’re following them, I want them on your friend’s list. Here’s how to check twice:
- Drag the camera screen to the right on your friend’s screen.
- Tap the search bar and type the user’s name you’re looking for.
- Wait for their names to pop up.
When that happens, you’ll see their names, Snapchat usernames, and instantaneity scores. You can only see the people you follow and the people who follow you. Once the score is done, the person didn’t follow you unless you seem to have reached the fatal “Remove Friend” button.
The status of the sent clickers can also determine whether someone has left you high and dry. It won’t work anywhere if they don’t follow you and send them a short message. Here’s how to find it:
- Tap the chat bubble icon in the lower-left corner on the Start screen.
- Double-tap the user name you want to test.
- To take a picture, tap the circle icon.
- Tap the Send arrow to send the message.
- Check the click status on the chat screen under the user’s username. If the “Pending …” and the delivery never appears, or if the arrow next to their username appears grey, the user can delete you from their friend list.
- What if I don’t follow them?
If you don’t follow the person, you won’t see your current score so that little trick won’t work. Unfortunately, there is no perfect way to determine whether someone is following you apart from that.
Another approach is to look at the people who have viewed his stories.
- Add a photo to your story.
- Click Bitmoji, which will now be a preview of your story.
- Tap the picture in the list to view it.
- Tap the eye icon in the lower-left corner.
You can see the names of the people who viewed that moment. To see a list of characters that see your story, tap the eye icon. True, not every person who follows you looks at absolutely everything they send, but if someone is conspicuously absent, it may be a sign that they’ve said goodbye.
How to tell if someone blocked on Snapchat
Finding out if someone is blocked on Snapchat is very easy to confirm, although you still need to do a little digging.
If you had friends on Snapchat at one point, check out “My Friends.” If they’re still on the list, but you can’t see their current score, they won’t follow you. If you don’t see them at all, they’ve been blocked (or deleted from their account and exited Snapchat).
If they weren’t your Snapchat friend, you could check them out. If disabled, you should not find or add them, even if you know their usernames. You can’t send them a private message.
How can I tell if someone continues to follow me after I haven’t made friends with them?
There are two ways to do this, but they all have problems. Of course, a relatively intensive plan will not be entirely perfect!
Method 1: Check your history.
The problem with this method is that it is passive; you’ll have to wait for the person you’re interested in to check your history. If they never do, you never know if they’ll keep following you. On the positive side, it’s pretty easy to publish a story that entertains other people who are still following you.
- Create a story and add a moment.
- Wait and let people see the story.
- Go to your profile page and find the story in the “Stories” section.
- Below the story name will be a number and an eye icon; how many people have watched the story.
- Tap the icon to see a list of people who have viewed your story. If the person you’re interested in is there, you know they’re still following you.
Method 2: Add as a friend
The advantage of this method is that you can check the status of the interested person at any time, but the disadvantage is that you will see that you have befriended them and will be fully aware of their presence from its history.
- Add the interested person as a friend.
- Tap and hold your name in the friend’s list.
- Tap Show Friendship.
- If they see a Snap score in their profile under their username, they’ll follow you.
- Tap the three-dot icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Tap Remove a friend to undo them from your friend’s list. Remember! There is no notification of removals, so to their knowledge, you stayed there.
How to tell if someone is online
Unlike many social media apps, Snapchat doesn’t provide status indicators that tell you if another user is using the app. However, there are some reliable ways to find out for yourself.
- Open SnapMap by sliding it down the Camera screen. (Note: SnapMap must work to do this.)
- Find your friend’s Bitmoji and touch it.
- A bubble pops up over your friend Bitmoji and tells you exactly how long it’s been since they were online. A lower number means they’re probably still hanging out.
It’s a little sneaky and takes a little action and some time, but it’s also more reliable.
- Find your friend in the Friends list and press and hold.
- Tap View Friendship.
- Make a note of their current score.
- Wait a few minutes.
- Repeat 1-3.
- Your friend is online and sends and receives moments if your Snap score has changed.
Here are a few more answers to your questions:
Do you send Snapchat notifications to friends?
You’ll be notified when someone picks you up, but you won’t be notified of any other familiar activity. Snapchat doesn’t have to flash red signs if someone deletes or blocks, just the ones mentioned above.
If someone deletes me, can they still see my messages?
The answer to this question depends on your privacy settings. Assuming it’s been deleted and not blocked, the other user will receive your message if their privacy settings are set to allow notifications from everyone.
If you only receive messages from people you’re friends with, the message won’t go through, and they’ll never know that you tried to send it.
Snapchat has a lot to offer. Learning about the layout and many features of the app can be tremendous. Hopefully, we’ve helped you understand how user interactions work. There are plenty of other tips, tricks, and little-known features on Snapchat.