In this whole make-money-on-the-internet thing, the best moment is when you can buy something with the money you earn online or transfer money home to your real bank account. Buying online is very easy. Search for the coveted product and pay with the funds in your e-bank account. The most accepted payment method for online shopping is PayPal. I’ve also bought it a lot of times on eBay, and it is simple.
Table of Contents
What is Paypal?
PayPal is the most common means of online payment, one of the most extensive online financial services globally. We can pay for almost anything in any webshop and marketplace using PayPal. It’s a perfectly safe, convenient solution, and it also offers a bunch of extras that would be a shame to give up if we ordered from China.
Why is it good to have a Paypal Account?
PayPal is nothing more than an online payment system based on an existing banking infrastructure that allows online store operators to receive money quickly and securely and users to make easy payments. It is worth using a webshop operator because it is easy to set up a payment system that can even bill. The advantage is that the purchase does not involve any extra cost, and the transactions can be canceled on the user side. This means that if we did not receive the ordered product or did not receive what we expected, the PayPal system will “collect” the amount from the seller.
Using this system, even internet fraudsters can be bypassed, as no matter what the amount, you get it back if the other person doesn’t. And as I mentioned, it’s all free. The tiny nuisance lies in the seller paying the transaction fees from which the system is maintained. This ranges from 1.9 to 3.4% per transaction. The more transactions made, the less commission you will have to pay.
Requirements to Create a Paypal Account in Ghana?
- An active sim card (MTN, Vodafone, Glo, AirtelTigo)
- Your Full Name as it appears on your ID (National ID or Passport)
- A New Email address
How to create a Paypal Account in Ghana step-by-step (with Screenshots)
- First, you will have to open your Internet Browser Application, Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. But I recommend you use Google Chrome and go to this link located in Lesotho.
2. Next, you’re going to have to choose to Sign up for free, and then select the option for the Business Account and Click on Continue
3. Now, you’d be met with an option to enter your email address and password. So you will use the email address you have, which isn’t linked to any PayPal address, and enter a password.
4. Next, you will enter your personal or business details, as seen in the screenshot below. You will enter;
Business contact: Your Full Name as it appears on your ID or passport
Business Details: You can enter your name
Business Phone number: Your phone number
Business Address: If you have a postal or business address, you can use it, or you can also use your residential home address
Postcode: 00233 or 2332
5. Click on Agree and Continue. Now, wait for an email from Paypal concerning your account. It should look like this and click on the button in the email
6. Confirm all the additional information and start using your Paypal Account.
7. Now, you will be met with Describe your Business. Here you will select Individual/Sole proprietorship as business type, Advertising Services as Product or Keywords, and website if you have any, but optional.
8. Next, you are going to the Tell us about yourself section, which requires you to enter your National ID, passport, or driver’s license. So change the Country to GHANA and select the ID you would prefer
9. Now you’re done. You now have a confirmed Paypal account in Ghana, which can be used to send and receive payments
How to Add Funds to your Paypal Account using Mobile money?
I’ve had many people contact me to ask how they can add funds to their PayPal account in Ghana. Many services have become available in 2021 that can make this possible. I’ll show you how to do this, so kindly read the article carefully below to set it up with Palmpay.
- Palmpay Account
- Registered Sim card with Mobile money (MTN Momo, Vodafone Cash, AirtelTigo)
- National ID or Passport
What is Palmpay?
Palmpay is a fast money transferring service that supports Mobile money transfers and has data purchases. The real reason I’m recommending Palmpay is that they offer Virtual Credit cards. Virtual Credit cards are digital credit cards instead of physical cards. So it’s straightforward to set up and load money onto it. Follow the steps below to get started.
How to set up a Palmpay Account?
- First of all, you will need to register for an account on Palmpay. Click on this link to register. Enter your details in the registration form. Mobile number, Captcha code, Verification code sent to your number, First name, Last Name, Set a PIN code and click on Sign up.
- Now download the App from the play store or AppStore and log in with your credentials. You will be brought to the Dashboard of Palmpay. Click on the hamburger menu on the right top side.
3. Now go to the section where it says upgrade Account. Here, you need to screenshot your National, Voter’s ID, or Passport. After that, take a clear selfie, input your ID number, First name, and Last name, and select the Country which is Ghana
4. Your profile will be verified in a few hours, but sometimes 24 hours if there needs to be additional verification. Once your profile has been upgraded and verified. You will notice your account now has a Virtual Credit card. Now tap on FUND and load a small amount onto the card, about GHS 7-10. This is needed to add the card to your PayPal account
5. Now that you have funded your Virtual card. Tap on the (eye) icon inside the VCC to reveal the Virtual Credit card number and CVV.
6. Go to your PayPal account and select Debit or Credit Card.
7. Enter the Virtual Card number, Expiration date, and CVV, and enter the billing address. The billing address will be the address you used for your PayPal account. The card will successfully be added, and a verification code will be sent to your email or phone number you used to register for Palmpay
In my case the code is PP* 3489 beside Description
8. Once your Palmpay Virtual Credit Card is linked, you can use it to send funds and receive funds to your Paypal account.
Now, whenever you want to add funds to your PayPal account, go to your palmpay account and load money onto your Virtual Credit Card. Then go to your PayPal account and send money to anyone. It’s that easy.
This method works 100%, and I have personally helped dozens create their own PayPal Account in ghana. Since many people asked, I decided to share this article with anyone wishing to develop their own. Another good thing about this method is that it requires absolutely no VPN. You can use your IP address to access your account without any fear of restrictions.
Frequently Asked Questions – FAQS
Is Paypal Available in Ghana?
Sadly No. Paypal isn’t available in Ghana due to heavy fraudulent activity, so PayPal has placed Ghana on a blacklist, making it impossible to create an account quickly.
How to register a Paypal Account in Ghana?
Yes, this tutorial will help you do so. Read the article above or click on this link.